Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Dinner for Our Troops

An important Christmas message from one of our favorite people ...
Christmas Dinner for Our Troops (Again)

Last year I posted an opportunity to make sure our troops in Hawaii, with many of them deployed, and their families had a wonderful Christmas dinner. That opportunity is available again this Christmas season. That seems fitting to post about today, the day that will live in infamy.

When I realize this need still exists it breaks my heart that our magnificent military families are still in financial need, especially around the holidays. Karen and I felt blessed to provide dinner for a family and many of you were so generous in your donations. Thank you!

I know times are hard this year and if you cannot give to support a family by yourself, what a wonderful opportunity to get your church, workplace, or social group to pool their resources together to provide dinner for our troops many who, as I said, are deployed. Sue Ollar, the wonderful lady who contacted me about this last year, her husband Don is back in Iraq for another year.

The original post and all the details can be found here:
http://davidjeffers.thevanguard.org/150/christmas-dinner-for-our-troops/

Elyse
National Director of Operations
Board Member - Eagles UP!

www.eaglesup.us

No comments: