Saturday, November 15, 2008

Need some help if possible..

Hi Josh

Every year my biggest "mission" is Merry Christmas Marines" This year I am TRYING to fill 1500 stockings for 3\8 and 5th Mar. With my other endeavor working with the Generals and HQUSMC on their transition team with the new family Readiness Program I talk to many CO's XO with various units. I chose 3\8 this year because I knew they were going to be arriving in Afghanistan just before the holidays.

Neal Boortz in Atlanta is a syndicated radio show host, similar to Sean Hannity.. Every year he jumps on board with my " Merry Christmas Marines" mission. he has my link on the front page of his we site www.boortz.com this is his 3rd year helping me with this effort. Money is BAD! Normally I would have a total of over 70,000-80,000 by now. I have alittle over 13,000! I have companies that sell me their products at a huge discount or wholesale. I was going to have the stoking stuffing day on Nov 22nd. I had to push it back to Dec. 7th, I have very little.... I am praying I can make this happen this year, I cant let our Marines down.

I know how bad the economy is first hand, between you and I, my husband lost his job back in late Jan. WE have pursued every avenue possible he still can not find work after sending our hundreds of his resume. I as you know am medically disabled since 2004, we used his 401K to live on the last several months hoping to buy us time, Well this month we are not paying our mortgage. I have called them, my senators, congresswoman etc.. several times. no hope for us due to the huge cut in income.. So after 30 yrs we are facing foreclosure in a few months. I need all the help you can get to my organization
www.mom4rmarines.org

I take NO income form my non-profit! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.. 95% goes directly to Marines or their families in various ways. Last year I raised 240,000!
Please let me know if you have any contacts that may want to help with this effort.. I do all the stockings with identical items..

Look forward to your response.. A little help can go a long way.

Hugs
Patty Lewis


God Bless all our Marines, Sailors and " Special Angels"

No comments: